html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AP – FILE - In this file photo taken July 30, 2010, shows Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio during a news …

By JACQUES BILLEAUD, Associated Press Writer Jacques Billeaud, Associated Press Writer – 3 mins ago

PHOENIX – The U.S. Justice Department sued Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Thursday, saying the Arizona lawman refused for more than a year to turn over records in an investigation into allegations his department discriminates against Hispanics.

The lawsuit calls Arpaio and his office's defiance "unprecedented," and said the federal government has been trying since March 2009 to get officials to comply with its probe of alleged discrimination, unconstitutional searches and seizures, and having English-only policies in his jails that discriminate against people with limited English skills.

Arpaio had been given until Aug. 17 to hand over documents it first asked for 15 months ago.

Arpaio's attorney, Robert Driscoll, declined immediate comment on the lawsuit, saying he had just received it and hadn't yet conferred with his client.

Arpaio's office had said it has fully cooperated in the jail inquiry but won't hand over additional documents into the examination of the alleged unconstitutional searches because federal authorities haven't said exactly what they were investigating.

It's the latest action against Arizona by the federal government, which earlier sued the state to stop its strict new immigration law that requires police officers to question people about their immigration status.

"The actions of the sheriff's office are unprecedented," said Thomas Perez, assistant attorney general for the department's civil rights division. "It is unfortunate that the department was forced to resort to litigation to gain access to public documents and facilities."

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Phoenix and names Arpaio, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and the county.

Arizona's new law — most of which a federal judge has put on hold — mirrors many of the policies Arpaio has put into place in the greater Phoenix area, where he set up a hot line for the public to report immigration violations, conducts crime and immigration sweeps in heavily Latino neighborhoods and frequently raids workplaces for people in the U.S. illegally.

Arpaio believes the inquiry is focused on his immigration sweeps, patrols where deputies flood an area of a city — in some cases heavily Latino areas — to seek out traffic violators and arrest other offenders.

Critics say his deputies pull people over for minor traffic infractions because of the color of their skin so they can ask them for their proof of citizenship.

Arpaio denies allegations of racial profiling, saying people are stopped if deputies have probable cause to believe they've committed crimes and that it's only afterward that deputies find many of them are illegal immigrants.

The sheriff's office has said half of the 1,032 people arrested in the sweeps have been illegal immigrants.

Last year, the federal government stripped Arpaio of his special power to enforce federal immigration law. The sheriff continued his sweeps through the enforcement of state immigration laws.

Last year, the nearly $113 million that the county received from the federal government accounted for about 5 percent of the county's $2 billion budget. Arpaio's office said it receives $3 million to $4 million each year in federal funds.

In a separate investigation, a federal grand jury in Phoenix is examining allegations that Arpaio has abused his powers with actions such as intimidating county workers by showing up at their homes at nights and on weekends.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 am

IF Arpaio is doing any of this, shame on him.

I highly doubt he is though. I think it is more likely these illegals and their liberal ass kissing backers are just pissing and moaning every little twisted thing they can to make Arpaio look bad.
He and the State of Arizona have had enough of the libs kissing everyones asses and putting the State and more importantly the CITIZENS, LEGAL CITIZENS of the State on hold.
I wish Arizona would be the first State to leave the Union. Others would follow.
Never say it can't be done either. Everyone says it can't be done. But you know what. They as a free country/territory joined the US as a free state. And as a free state they can leave this Union. Weather congress like it or not.

All the States pay Federal taxes. Money from many of those states gets funneled over to the liberal hell holes like Illinois for otherwise criminal activities, If the Illinois government is involved it has to be illegal.

Most states (IMHO) never see a big portion of the money they pay in every year. I think most of the states would be better off if they kept the hundreds of billions of dollars every year and told the Fed and Congress to frack off. But thats just me and one mans opinion.

The government may not be surprised by a state wanting to leave the union, though I think some people there would be, some not, and others! It's what they want.
But the one thing it would do is wake a huge number of people in this country up.
Could things really be so bad that the union is breaking. Could things in DC be so far gone that states are seceding from the union? It would wake a large portion of the country up.
It would be the ultimate vote of no confidence, and probably, other states would break away with them.
And all on Imam Obamas watch.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank
Honored Armed Service Member

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:42 pm

It looks like the justice dept. is racial profileing. There going after a white sheriff for doing his job, protecting the citizens from harm. And them stinking black panthers get off scott free. This is reverse racism at it's finest. They should all be shipped back to where their ancsters came from.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 pm

I like Sheriff Joe! I have followed him for several years now and am behind him and his law enforcement activities 100%! He isn't afraid of the devil himself much less the feds. The feds need to pack up and go home to let AZ and Sheriff Joe do his job he was elected to do by the citizens of AZ!

EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU WANTED!

There are only two defining forces that have ever offered to die for you!
Jesus Christ for your soul and the American Soldier for your freedom!
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:12 pm

I have too. more should model themselves after this guy. He's his own man. God Bless him.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:14 pm

He has the nads' to stand up to them and I do not really think they want to screw with him! If they go after him, they will be in his state!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:29 pm

That's a mighty big machine thats going after him.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Thye just do not understand what they have ahold of yet! he will not back down and will stand up to them!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:47 pm

If it does come to that. I hope it starts a nation wide movement.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:12 pm

If and when he does, I believe TX will stand there right beside them. the feds and the rest of them best mind their P's and Q's cause Joe will not stand for it!
I don't think AZ will stand for it!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:25 pm

That will be something to see. Scarey though and very dis-heartening to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 pm

They are close to pushing his hand and he wil only go so far! When he does, it will be the catalyst to others to stand with them!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:16 am

I'm not so sure about that. I dont think he'll go the way you say. I think he'll bend. To exist he will have to.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 am

Just may see what he is made of today! They just cannot leave well enough alone!

Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 am

I need a bowl of popcorn and a soda. This debate is getting good.

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm

I was reading today that Sheriff Joe was saying he has become the new whipping boy for the justice dept. He also said that it's time to take off the gloves. I read it on Drudge Report.com, and unfortunately their site will not copy and paste or I would have did just that.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I vote for Sheriff Joe. Score so far is SJ 1, Feds 0!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:06 pm

I can tell you the feds are barking up the wrong tree on this one!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:24 pm

I just cant see how this is going to play out. It is beyond my scope.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Hang in there and watch! You heard it here first! Zthe shit is fixing to hit the fan with Sheriff Joe and I am in his corner all the way!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:25 am

What is Zthe?
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:00 am

My excellent typing skills!!! Don't pick on me! I am very fragile because of all the pressure to be nice. I just can't handle pressure!! I might just blow a gasket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:59 pm

It wont be long now!!! Very soon and then.......

Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Is that anything like PMS?????

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe   

Back to top Go down

Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next