html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

An example of the beaurocracy we endure.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VietVet68
Honored Armed Service Member

PostSubject: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:24 am

Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

VA Simplifies Access to Health Care and Benefits for Veterans with PTSD
July 12, 2010
Printable Version
Need Viewer Software?

WASHINGTON – Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki announced a critical step forward in providing an easier process for Veterans seeking health care and disability compensation for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), with the publication of a final regulation in the Federal Register.

“This nation has a solemn obligation to the men and women who have honorably served this country and suffer from the often devastating emotional wounds of war,” said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki. “This final regulation goes a long way to ensure that Veterans receive the benefits and services they need.”

By publishing a final regulation in the Federal Register to simplify the process for a Veteran to claim service connection for PTSD, VA reduces the evidence needed if the trauma claimed by a Veteran is related to fear of hostile military or terrorist activity and is consistent with the places, types, and circumstances of the Veteran’s service.

This science-based regulation relies on evidence that concluded that a Veteran’s deployment to a war zone is linked to an increased risk of PTSD.

Under the new rule, VA would not require corroboration of a stressor related to fear of hostile military or terrorist activity if a VA doctor confirms that the stressful experience recalled by a Veteran adequately supports a diagnosis of PTSD and the Veteran's symptoms are related to the claimed stressor.

Previously, claims adjudicators were required to corroborate that a non-combat Veteran actually experienced a stressor related to hostile military activity. This final rule simplifies the development that is required for these cases.

VA expects this rulemaking to decrease the time it takes VA to decide access to care and claims falling under the revised criteria. More than 400,000 Veterans currently receiving compensation benefits are service connected for PTSD. Combined with VA’s shorter claims form, VA’s new streamlined, science-based regulation allows for faster and more accurate decisions that also expedite access to medical care and other benefits for Veterans.

PTSD is a medically recognized anxiety disorder that can develop from seeing or experiencing an event that involves actual or threatened death or serious injury to which a person responds with intense fear, helplessness or horror, and is not uncommon among war Veterans.

Disability compensation is a tax-free benefit paid to a Veteran for disabilities that are a result of -- or made worse by -- injuries or diseases associated with active service.

For additional information, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or call VA’s toll free benefits number at 1-800-827-1000.

Can you believe that this kind of garbage goes on and how our tax dollars are being spent. PTSD has been a given since WW1, but now, in it's infinite wisdom our government actually says something like this. Who's watching our money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Maybe I missed something. It looks like this is a good move for our vets.
What did I miss? Not being sarcastic. You obviously don't like something with this and I want to know because I am obviously missing something.
Back to top Go down
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:12 pm

PB,
Your comment is pretty much what they're looking for from the public. It's a PR thing, designed to make it appear that BO has done something wonderful for our vets. The general public has no idea what has already occurred within the VA system. What hacks me off is that this isn't new at all. Any Veteran that has had any experience dealing with the VA would react as I have. My medical profile with the VA has included PTSD since 1969 when a Dr. interviewed me and determined that I had it. So if you read this article it describes the very same thing as something "new", horse puckey!!
It offends me that BO wants to take credit for something that he's had nothing to do with. It's the 5th paragraph down that contains what I'm reacting to.
He's using Vets to try to polish his image.

I apologize now for the rant but, I couldn't help myself.
Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Obama is nothing more than a polished turd any way.
He blames all his failures, which are many, on Bush.
And takes credit for other peoples work, as you said when he had nothing to do with it.

I started a new word association game, go there and pick your words to vent.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
Freedom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 pm

LOL polished turd.
Haven't heard that in a long time. But I have to agree.
I think I'd rather have Mr Hanky in office than the fly drawing cretin we have now.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
http://firearmsforumcoali.motionsforum.com

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:56 am

Damn, don't mince your words there. Seriously, tell us how you feel LOL
Because I'm just to sure that most of us feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 am

Quote :
It offends me that BO wants to take credit for something that he's had nothing to do with.

That is exactly what he has done from the beginning! I for one believe that is all the man knows how to do. If we don't get rid of him at the earliest opportunity we stand to loose more than we ever dreamed of! JMHO.
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:18 pm

And I think your humble opinion is correct. Look at how much we have lost already.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 pm

And it just keeps getting better and better until there is no more! I am sick of this crap!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:10 am

Thats what November is about. In November we are going to vote all these ass holes out and bring the USA back to the light side.
We as a country have had enough of our law makers ignoring the laws, or making laws for us that don't apply to them.
And worst, the way they shit on the Constitution.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 am

Totally agree. I am a strict Constitutionalist and believe the document speaks for itself. Read it and interpret it for what it says, not what you think it has evolved into that suits your purpose! By God!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An example of the beaurocracy we endure.   

Back to top Go down

An example of the beaurocracy we endure.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Politically Incorrect News and Views :: FFC Forums :: General Discusions for The FFC :: The Political Arena-
Jump to: