html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freedom
Admin

PostSubject: Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain    Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm

BC Politics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At a time when many states are looking at ways to strike back at an out-of-control federal government which is planning to saddle them with more and more massive, unfunded mandates and unconstitutional obligations, the government of Utah has found an interesting way to strike back. It's not as direct as the approach being pursued by more than a dozen states which are suing the federal government over Obamacare, but it may turn out to be even more effective.

The Utah state legislature has passed two bills which have been signed by Governor Gary Herbert, which will begin the process of seizing valuable federal land within the state under the rules of eminent domain. The idea has a certain charming irony to it considering how often state and federal governments have used eminent domain to deprive citizens of their property rights, but the results could be of enormous benefits to the citizens of Utah.

Utah is like several other western states which have enormous amounts of land that are under federal control. In their case it is a total of 60% of their land area, including major fossil fuel deposits which the Obama administration has ruled off-limits for mining and drilling. The state government hopes to take control of that land, sell leases for the mineral rights and spend that money to solve some of the state's budgetary problems including public education funding.

The federal government controls similarly large areas of resource-rich land in 12 western states totaling about 650 million acres. Most of this land is under the control of the Department of the Interior through the Bureau of Land Management, Forest Service and Department of Agriculture. It includes about 200 million acres of forest land, 80 million acres of park land and 90 million acres of wildlife refuge. If other states were to follow Utah's lead the potential payoff in mineral, energy and other natural resources — maybe even in tourism dollars — would be extraordinary.

There have been past proposals, including federal legislation, to return some or all of the land or the resource rights to the states, but with a weak economy, tight budgets and new unfunded mandates like additional unemployment costs and coming health care costs, the need is greater now than ever before.

Unfortunately, the states which have this option and might follow Utah's lead are mostly not ones with the large populations which will make the coming costs unbearable. They will also face years of legal resistance from the federal government before they are likely to see any results from their efforts. The importance of Utah's effort may be mostly symbolic, but with the federal government willfully ignoring the best interests of the people, it's at least some reassurance that there are states which are looking for solutions and trying to protect their citizens with whatever methods they can come up with.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
http://firearmsforumcoali.motionsforum.com
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain    Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Makes me proud to say I am one of their CFP Instructors. You Go Utah!!N Stand up to them.
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
Freedom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain    Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Lot more states need to stand up to them. Only a couple are but it is good to see them doing it even if it is only a couple.

Maybe a few more will grow a set and fallow.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
http://firearmsforumcoali.motionsforum.com
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain    Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:47 am

+1

Will not expect it. Even the states have become over dependent on fed money.
I still think if the States stopped sending the feds money they could drop state taxes and still have more money than they get from the feds.
Most states give billions to the feds and get less back than they put it.
Much like citizens and social security.
We pay in more in our life times than we get in return when we begin drawing. I don't doubt that by the time I need it it won't be here, or I will have to be 90 years old to qualify. Which means I will probably be dead and I won't get one red cent of what I paid in back. Then all the money I did pay in will be given to another illegal who shouldn't even be in this country.
Our government sucks huge elephant wanker.

Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain    Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 am

Freedom; I agree 100% I have said all along when I got to the point I could draw, there would be nothing left there to draw or the program would change and I would get cut out. Well I am 62.5 and it really does appear that by the time I reach 65 (maybe even 66) there ain't gonna be nothing left to draw! One hell of a program if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain    

Back to top Go down

Utah Seeks to Seize Federal Land Under Eminent Domain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1