html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:49 am

How much bullshit can our Country take?????????Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Quote :
FOXNews.com

- June 24, 2010

Source: Administration Weighs Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay

The Obama administration has been holding behind-the-scenes talks to determine whether the Department of Homeland Security can unilaterally grant legal status on a mass basis to illegal immigrants, a former Bush administration official who spoke with at least three people involved in those talks told FoxNews.com.

The issue was raised publicly by eight Republican senators who wrote to the White House on Monday to complain that they had heard the administration was readying a "Plan B" in case a comprehensive immigration reform bill cannot win enough support to clear Congress.

The White House would not confirm or deny the claim. But the former Bush official said the discussions are real.

"The administration at the very minimum is studying legal ways to legalize people without having to go through any congressional debate about it," the source said, calling the senators' claim credible. "Whether somebody pulls the trigger on that, that's another issue."

The senators -- Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa; Orrin Hatch, R-Utah; David Vitter, R-La.; Jim Bunning, R-Ky.; Saxby Chambliss, Ga.; Johnny Isakson, R-Ga.; James Inhofe, R-Okla.; and Thad Cochran, R-Miss. -- claimed in their letter that the administration was looking at extending what is known as deferred action or parole to millions of illegal aliens in the United States.

The former official said it's unclear what specific avenues the administration is considering, but that one potentially feasible option would be to use either deferred action or parole to legalize at once the millions of immigrants who have overstayed their visas -- not necessarily those who crossed the border illegally.

Deferred action and parole would give illegal immigrants the ability to seek a work permit and temporary legal status.

Those two tools are usually used on a case-by-case basis. The former official said any move to broaden that authority and use it on a mass basis would be "woefully inappropriate," though politically brilliant.

The Republican senators who wrote to President Obama expressed a similar view. They wrote that any unilateral action would "further erode the American public's confidence in the federal government and its commitment to securing the borders and enforcing the laws already on the books."

The discussions of blanket legalization come in the middle of several concurrent and heated debates over illegal immigration. The recently signed immigration law in Arizona has divided the country, with some states trying to replicate the state's tough legislation and other jurisdictions boycotting the state in protest. The Obama administration plans to file a court challenge.

Democrats, meanwhile, have been trying to round up support for an overhaul bill in Congress.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:55 am

Me thinks this administration does not care about this country or its sovereignty.
Me thinks Obama wants to be dictator. But he wants to be an ELECTED dictator. That way it's legal and all. In his mind.
Obama is a criminal plain and simple and needs to be evicted from his post by what ever legal means possible.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down
VietVet68
Honored Armed Service Member

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 am

I have to say that I'm very concerned about the backlash that's coming from all the ill informed decisions he's making. Have you ever heard the old saying " I don't know what I don't know"? I think that he's at that point and maybe beyond. I also think he doesn't care about the side effects of all the decisions he's making.
Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Agreed. I just hope than when or if the shiet hits the fan. And he tells the troops to quell the riots in the streets here at home. They remember their oath to the Constitution and the Republic. And that it is not an oath to the President. Particularly a President that has become dictator.
My concern stems from Louisiana, when the Mayor (who has no authority to call in the National Guard) of New Orleans called in the NG and told them to disarm the Citizenry. And they did.
I know laws have been passed to prevent it from happening again, but there were already laws in place to prevent the event. Firstly the fact that only the Gov of the state can call the NG in to action and they (the NG) did all this under the direction of the of a city Mayor.
The system broke down BAD that day. And I hope that the troops remember that the Constitution is the final word. Not the politicians.

Back to top Go down
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Freedom,
When did this happen? I must have been comatose that day because I know I would've exploded.
Back to top Go down
Freedom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:42 am

Here are some videos of what Freedom is referring to.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
HEre is the URL for the YouTube page that has all the videos. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://firearmsforumcoali.motionsforum.com
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 am

Here's something to remember: We're talking about the NG and local PD's. Both groups are ill trained to deal with an event of the magnitude of hurricane Katrina. Next, snap judgements were made by unqualified people. Looters were destroying civility in the area. Everyone over reacted.
As those who were responsible will say, there was no time for thinking, just doing.
Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:47 am

The thing to remember is that the National Guard should never have responded to the Mayor of New Orleans.
First and most bone headed mistake. National Guard is still military and as such should have known better than to jump when a Mayor said, rather than waiting for a call from the Governor who is the only one who should be able to call them in to duty. Then only the Governor should have been able to instruct them to take weapons. The National Guard dropped the ball on all fronts with this case. The Mayor was flat wrong and the local police should have told the Mayor to frack off because their first duty is to the people not the Mayor.
Or at least that is how it is supposed to work. Obviously it is not.

I love our boys and girls in the service, so don't take this wrong, but I fully understand Freedoms point here. MANY mistakes were made by the NG in Louisianan and the police and any other agency that took part in the activities.

Lets just hope that is it comes down to it. That the mistakes made that day are not repeated.

God bless our Troops
Salute

Back to top Go down
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 am

Just remember what I said earlier about how the NG reacted at Kent State.

The NG is made up of a bunch of wannabees and then to make it worst they are sent to camp for two weeks every year to play soldier and blow shit up. The profile of many of these guys would scare us all. They are poorly trained and adrenaline fueled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay   

Back to top Go down

Bypassing Congress to Let Illegal Immigrants Stay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1