html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

Harry Reid Speaks At Grand Opening Of Clark County Shooting Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Harry Reid Speaks At Grand Opening Of Clark County Shooting Park   Thu May 27, 2010 10:16 pm

http://reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_100327_clarkcountyshootingpark.cfm

Quote :
Reid Speaks At Grand Opening Of Clark County Shooting Park

World-class park will help decrease crime, protect environment

March 27, 2010

Washington, DC – Nevada Senator Harry Reid today joined NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, Nevada’s congressional delegation, state and local leaders tomorrow for the grand opening of the Clark County Shooting Park. Reid led the effort to secure the land and funding needed to build the 2,900-acre shooting park, a world-class facility for Nevada’s sportsmen and women. The new facility will make our communities safer, protect the natural desert environment, and provide a place for people of all ages to learn about shooting sports.

“I appreciate the work of all those from Clark County, of sportsmen and sportswomen from across our state, of local law enforcement officials, and of everyone else who has shared this goal,” Reid said. “Nevadans aimed high when we set out to create the largest and most advanced shooting range in the world. But we kept a steady eye on our target. And today, with great pride, Nevada has hit the bulls-eye.”

Amenities at the Clark County Shooting Park include:

* 24 combination trap and skeet fields with a pro shop and cafeteria;
* An archery range and building with a 30-seat classroom and restrooms;
* A public rifle and pistol range with a pro shop and convenience store;
* A hunter education center with a 90-seat classroom with archery, rifle, pistol and shotgun ranges and a simulated hunting course; and
* A shotgun center with 80 spaces for recreational vehicles that will house safety officers on-site.

Below are Senator Reid’s remarks as prepared for delivery:

“As many of you know, I grew up in Searchlight, in a home surrounded by the desert. Our dusty town didn’t have a high school, we didn’t have a grocery store, and there wasn’t even a place to buy a bullet.

“So it was a big deal when I could go out with my brother and father to shoot at targets out in open land. We’d take turns using our bolt-action .22-caliber rifle. Now I have eight guns, but I still have that .22, and it’s still my favorite.

“I have passed my love of shooting to my own grandchildren. My grandson Mason has come to love shooting sports just as much as his grandfather.

“Many of you have similar stories from your childhood – stories of bonding with your parents and siblings while shooting targets or shooting dinner – and stories of bonding with your children and grandchildren.

“Now your families and mine are fortunate to have such an impressive place to learn the skills of sport shooting – to learn the importance of safe shooting – to exercise our Second-Amendment rights – and to celebrate our Western heritage.

“I am so pleased that Wayne LaPierre is with us today. We have stood together in so many battles over the years.

“Just a few years ago we worked to protect our gun manufacturers from junk lawsuits. And as a result of that legislation, America’s gun companies are still America’s gun companies. That good law protected thousands of good jobs.

“Wayne and I also stood together to defeat the so-called Assault Weapons Ban. I voted against the ban when it was first proposed, I voted against it when folks tried to renew it, and I will continue to oppose it.

“As you can imagine, my Democratic colleagues are not always thrilled with my votes on gun issues, but I tell them this: Guns aren’t a political issue for me.

“Guns are something I grew up with. Guns are part of what it means to live in the West. We hunt, we shoot and we do it responsibly. It’s who we are.

“That’s why it’s so gratifying to see this decade-long effort come to fruition. And it’s just as rewarding to share it with those who made it possible: John, Art, Chas, Don, Tom – thank you for this gift you have given to the people of Nevada.

“This beautiful park is more than anything I could have dreamed of as a little boy in the desert.

“I can’t wait to bring my grandchildren here and see them shoot the same rifle their grandfather and great-grandfather shared. It’s a family tradition that’s meaningful to me, and a Nevada tradition in which we can all be proud.”

This makes me wonder. Harry Reid one of the most Liberal sacks of shit in congress SUPPORTS GUN RIGHTS AND OWNERS?!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freedom.
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Reid Speaks At Grand Opening Of Clark County Shooting Park   Fri May 28, 2010 8:35 am

Harry Reid?
I thought that old retard HATED GUNS.
Seems, (And I could be wrong about this) that he voted for some kind of AWB not to long ago.

The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in stone, they as well as the Christian Scriptures need no editing nor changes !!
Back to top Go down

Harry Reid Speaks At Grand Opening Of Clark County Shooting Park
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1