html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

The Search Goes On

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UncleFrank
Honored Armed Service Member

PostSubject: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:42 am

March 28, 2012

THE SEARCH GOES ON

"Say, you reckon these guys like the government a bit better now they’ve spent two years in jail without bond for Felony Runnin’ Yer Dang Fool Mouth?"
-S Weasel

In March of 2010, the Obama justice department rushed to arrest members of the Hutaree Militia in Michigan. They were charged with conspiracy to overthrow the government and put on trial. Now, looking at these guys, they seem like extras from Justified and you wonder just how diverse their genetic pool really is:

People talk about hoodies and thugs, but guys like this make me move to the other side of the street and I'm a 6'2 white guy. But that doesn't make them guilty of anything. Sure, they are daffy, sure they belong to a militia that thinks Jews took over the government and they have to be ready for a huge race war. Sure they probably have a collective IQ of less than the numbers on your license plate. Sure, they hate authority and local law enforcement. Sure they probably have fewer teeth combined than you do alone.

That doesn't make them criminals or guilty of trying to overthrow the government. And aside from some charges involving pipe bombs and guns, the court threw out everything against them and gently chastised the government prosecutors. After watching video of their rants, U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts (a Clinton appointee) said:
The court is aware that protected speech and mere words can be sufficient to show a conspiracy. In this case, however, they do not rise to that level.
In short: they were daffy, but not illegal.

And all kidding aside, they probably aren't as dumb, crazy, inbred, and toothless as the stereotype says. If you've seen the show Justified, you've seen a more realistic portrayal of these kind of folks. They aren't any dumber than anyone else, just from a different sort of society and with a different sort of education. Put suits and a 500 dollar hair cut on them and they'd fit in to Manhattan quite well.

But when it comes down to this event, you have to wonder what on earth the Justice Department was thinking by arresting these folks. Yes, they had them on some weapons crimes, but they wanted to bust these guys on trying to overthrow the federal government which is like accusing an ant of trying to overthrow humanity because she bit you.

They didn't try any kind of sting operation, they didn't catch them in the act of planning anything, the militia yelled a lot but never tried to carry anything out. And yet the Obama administration arrested them and tried to convict them on this absurd charge. Why?

Well remember Janet Neopolitano's absurd "white right wingers are the most dangerous domestic terrorist" release in 2009? How this report on domestic terrorism barely mentioned the most common form by "animal rights" and eco nuts, but focused with paragraph after paragraph on white right wingers who dare question the size of government?

That report wasn't so much based on evidence and FBI compiled data as it was presuppositions by the Obama administration. They just knew there were hundreds of these groups out there, and they were booming because they hated a black president. That they were the real threat, and Islamic terror was overblown - if even real - when they wrote this thing.

And they needed an exhibit, they needed proof to support this. So they found some group of hapless militia types and ran them in, jailed them for two years of "speedy" trial. They splashed this on the front pages as proof of the report, they gathered their case and... failed.

They need to find that evil Tea Party terrorist, that white right winger killer. They keep searching and searching, desperate to find the villain they just know is out there, but never quite seem to find. Its not like there aren't any guys like that out there, its just that they are poor, weak, and usually pretty worthless. Even the Klan is pretty much a joke these days. So they struck hoping they had gold but without any real competence or reason. And again, the federal government looks stupid.

And again, they showed these militia types that all the fear they have of tyrannical government out to crush rights without hope of recourse is valid. I think the guys at Ruby Ridge were nuts, but they weren't wrong enough to gun down a mother holding her child. I think the Branch Davidians were idiotic cultists, but they didn't deserve to be firebombed and driven over by tanks.

These militia guys have valid concerns, there are serious problems with a lot of things in the federal government and horrible evils that its gotten away with, particularly when dealing with someone who bucks their power. Its just that their solutions and analysis of why it happens are so wrong and stupid. And they'd be just as bad - or far worse - if put in power.

*UPDATE: This, courtesy Brian Doherty at Reason magazine, is a quote from Tim F at Balloon Juice in 2010 in defense of the arrest of the militia:
The indictment sounds pretty clear: we captured a bunch of religious fundamentalist extremists planning mass casualty attacks against America. Unlike, say, Jose Padilla or any of the clown car gangs whom Bush rounded up this team had the gear and the training to go operational (and kill a lot of people) within a month.

Rightwing antiterror doctrine clearly states that we must strip these “terrorists” (no such thing as alleged in the war on terror) naked and hang them in cold cages by the wrists with their arms tied behind their backs so that the tendons tear and the shoulder joint dislocates. We should waterboard them until they confess and give up their co-conspirators (the Inquisition found waterboarding almost 100% effective!). Without question these people should be held without any trial or access to habeas corpus petitions until the “war” against violent fundamentalist groups is over. At the very least we should shunt these guys into military tribunals where the rules have been rigged to ensure a conviction.

Of course Jonah Goldberg and Glenn Reynolds and Crittenden and Erickson and any other credentialed rightblogger will agree with what I just said. They have to.

Tim was still riding high on Bush dementia at the time, but not the presumption of guilt and the assurance that this was far worse than anything anyone the Bush administration ever arrested someone for, so you have to be a hypocrite unless you call for at least the same treatment. I wonder what he thinks now or if we'll ever find out.

And where do I get my right blogging credentials?

posted by Christopher Taylor at 8:54 AM
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:49 am

This is some scary stuff!! When the gov gets the idea they can arrest and hold for this length of time with no oversight from a judge it begins to get scary!! What would or could you do if it happened to you? Probably not much so it goes on and on!! The gov and this administration is getting out of hand and you ain't seen anything yet!! Wait until numbnuts is elected for another term and there is no oversight of him and his antics!! The second time around will be utter chaos and have no rules!!! TWIT!!!

EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU WANTED!

There are only two defining forces that have ever offered to die for you!
Jesus Christ for your soul and the American Soldier for your freedom!
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:16 am

You just said a mouthful. We are at the mercy of a rogue government.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:52 am

Don't think it has gone that far just yet! We may be plagues with a ruthless gov but at their mercy? Don't think so!!! They are at our mercy!! TWIT!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:08 pm

I wish I had your enlightened confidence. GGG
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 am

Until they control each individual's actions on a daily basis such as the Gestapo did they do not have the ultimate control! Don't believe they will ever get there!! JMHO!! At least I know Texans will not take it forever! Terribly independent bunch down here and the Liberturds?Demoncraps are getting more scarce each day that passes!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:43 pm

450 millions rounds will help their cause I beleive. They are not too far from becoming the gestopo.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 pm

If they continue on the path they are on they will need more than that!!! JMHO!! GGG!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 pm

It will be a mess for sure.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Their mess not ours!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 pm

That's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 pm

They will start it and we will end it!! TWIT!! And that is the correct interpretation!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:28 pm

I wish I was as confident as you.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 pm

That is just the way it will work out!! Are they so committed that they will give their lives for it? I think not! I also believe that we are and when I say we I am speaking of the true patriots that are still among us!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Those are pretty strong words. I kind of try to keep my inner feelings to me for the fear of being picked up and water boarded by big sister and her moronic crew of perverted wanabe's. Sorry sis I think you are on the wrong side in this conflict.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:16 am

That is probably one of my many faults! I have never believed in being quiet, holding back nor not speaking my peace! Some would say that has been a detriment to my career(s) throughout the years! So be it!! Just do not come into my arena and tell me what I am going to do unless you are prepared to defend me and my family to live as free adm independent citizens of the US!! This is my country and I am a Native!! TWIT!!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:11 pm

I understand you fully, and I dont fault you for one minute. I expect there is a whole lot more that retain the same values as you. what bothers me would be that early am beat down of my front and rear doors and the flash bang grenades being thrown in the house and getting hog tied and beaten unmercifully before you are thrown into the wagon. If you even make it to the wagon. This is some serious shit we are going to have to contend with.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:51 am

Best be prepared for the long haul if that happens as I will not go quietly!! If and when I do go, there will be noises made throughout the system they are plauying in that beg for them to consider exactly what they are doing as it is wrong!! Absolutely wrong!!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 am

Wrong is the definative word here. They best have a concience and come around to the right true way to do their duty. They need to shut their bosses down and refuse to take up arms against citizens of this nation.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:57 am

There will be as large a faction in the military as there is in the public sector that will not fire on their own! That is exactly why the foreign troops ability to come in here is so important to Little Hitler! Little Hitler and his agenda should become clearer than ever as we get closer and closer to the elections!! JMHO!!

Last edited by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm

That wont be seen until after the elections. I am starting to think that Germany is in the middle of this whole scenerio. I thinking it is sour grapes from getting their asses kicked in 2 world wars. One just has to look at what they are doing in Greece right now. I know it sounds far fetched, but I feel strongly on this.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Are Germany and Kenya allies? LM0AO!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm

LOL....who knows?!? Europe does not look too good today, their is a run on peoples money going on right now, with talk of a partial breakup of the euro countries. It will boost germany for the short turn but talk is they are looking to the Japan's yen, Mexico's pesco, and another country that I dont remember. Also mentioned was the U.S. dollar. London bridges falling down!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 pm

There for sure is some outside influence involved. Just do not know where it is coming from yet! We will before it is over!! TWIT!!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 pm

What ever it is, it has to do with a huge amount of money and a deep hatred towards us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Search Goes On   

Back to top Go down

The Search Goes On
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next