html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have been asked many times why I support the NRA and why I am a Life Member. I can think of no better way than to post the following article and let you decide for yourself if the NRA is a worthy cause or a waste of money!

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox attended a meeting at United Nations headquarters in July to send a simple, unequivocal message to the international bureaucrats who want to eliminate your Right to Keep and Bear Arms: An international Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) that in any way, shape or form affects the constitutional rights of American gun owners is completely unacceptable.

In his address to conference participants from around the world, LaPierre made it clear that NRA will accept no compromise on this critical issue.

“The Right to Keep and Bear Arms in defense of self, family and country is ultimately self-evident and is part of the Bill of Rights to the United States Constitution,” he said. “Reduced to its core, it is about fundamental individual freedom, human worth and self-destiny. We reject the notion that American gun owners must accept any lesser amount of freedom in order to be accepted among the international community.”

In 2009, at the behest of the Obama administration, the United States joined 152 other countries in endorsing a U.N. Arms Trade Treaty Resolution. The resolution establishes an international conference to be held next year, at which leaders from countries around the world—many of which have deplorable human rights records—will draw up an international treaty designed to severely restrict or even outright ban your right to sell, purchase, carry or own a firearm.

In reversing President George W. Bush’s opposition to U.N. mandated global gun control, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared, “The United States is committed to actively pursuing a strong and robust treaty that contains the highest possible, legally binding standard. …”

NRA has alerted American gun owners to be on guard against this ticking time bomb for years. NRA-ILA was the first group to be officially recognized by the U.N. as a “non-governmental organization” determined to protect the freedoms of American gun owners, hunters and shooters. The threat to those freedoms posed by an international Arms Trade Treaty has gained steam under the current administration.

President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the U.N. claim that the only purpose of the ATT is to fight terrorism and international crime syndicates. Americans should not be fooled.

In speaking out for the nation’s gun owners, LaPierre warned that, “Those working on this treaty have asked us to trust them. … but they’ve proven to be unworthy of that trust.”

Dissecting the U.N. blueprint, LaPierre concluded that:

• “We are told, ‘Trust us, an ATT will only affect the illegal trade in firearms. ’But then we’re told that in order to control the illegal trade, all states must control the legal firearms trade;

• “We are told, ‘Trust us, an ATT will not require registration of civilian firearms.’ Yet, there are numerous calls for record-keeping and firearm tracking from production to eventual destruction. That’s nothing more than gun registration by a different name;

• “We are told, ‘Trust us, an ATT will not interfere with the lawful international commerce in civilian firearms.’ But a manufacturer of civilian shotguns would have to comply with the same regulatory process as a manufacturer of military attack helicopters.”

LaPierre demanded that proposals affecting civilian firearm ownership that are woven throughout the ATT must be completely removed from the scope of any international agreement, saying, “On this there can be no compromise, as American gun owners will never surrender their Second Amendment freedoms.”

There can be no question that what is taking shape at the U.N. is an all-out attack on the constitutional freedom of American gun owners. U.N. bureaucrats have focused intensely on record-keeping, oversight, inspections, supervision, tracking, tracing, surveillance, marking, documentation, verification, paper trails and data banks, new global agencies and data centers regarding firearms and ammunition. Nowhere are there provisions about respecting citizens’ rights of self-defense, privacy, property, due process or observing personal freedoms of any kind.

Read the rest of the article linked above!

Then I ask you is it really a waste of money or is the NRA worthy of our support! I have not seen any other gun rights organization come close to tackling the UN and letting them know we will not stand for anything that tramples on our RKBA in any manner! I for one will continue to support the NRA and actively solicit new members for this organization because they more than any other organization I am associated with continue to lead the fight to protect my RKBA on a domestic and international front!

EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU WANTED!

There are only two defining forces that have ever offered to die for you!
Jesus Christ for your soul and the American Soldier for your freedom!
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
UncleFrank
Honored Armed Service Member

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:58 pm

I have reversed my opinion on the NRA in recent years, with what I have been seeing the NRA do, everyone should become a life member or at least contribute as much as they can afford to them for their fight of our unalienable rights. God bless the NRA
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 pm

I have not seen any of the other gun groups step up to the plate and especially with the UN and tell them to go fly a kite like the NRA has done! It takes some real courage and nads to step up to the UN and say not here you don't!!! JMHO!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:57 pm

I have not seen any other either. It looks like they are in it for a pay check and that is all they are looking at.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:10 pm

I can tell you for sure the NRA is spending huge dollars working against the UN! That kind of standoff does not come cheap!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm sure it does. I'm glad this organization has our best interest in mind. I'll be donateing for sure.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 pm

I sent one more in today! I believe it is the best place I can put my contributions right now!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:56 pm

I agree, with them the only ones makeing a stink and the others counting their salaries from members pockets. They are the sure winners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Compromise: NRA Takes On United Nations   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1