html code for clock
Sight Supporters
free forum
Forum Theme Songs
Join the NRA
Latest topics
» 9MM Carbine
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am by Alley_Oop Mod/Admin

» JOE SCARBOROUGH, PIERS MORGAN: OBAMA SCANDALS PROVE GUN ADVOCATES AREN'T CRAZY
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:13 am by UncleFrank

» California Approves $92M Ammo Tax To Combat Gun Violence
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi as Lazarus, Back from the Dead
Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am by UncleFrank

» Georgia Gov. Deal orders Bibles returned to state-owned park
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 am by UncleFrank

» STATE DOJ: BUSTS REVEAL UNPRECEDENTED CARTEL PRESENCE IN OREGON
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am by UncleFrank

» North Korea fires three short-range missiles as Japan envoy pays “secret” visit
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:46 am by UncleFrank

» WHITE HOUSE OFFICIALS BLAME STATE FOR NOT DEPLOYING RAPID-RESPONSE TERROR UNIT TO BENGHAZI
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Is No Richard Nixon
Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:37 am by UncleFrank

» Obama Keeps Eyes on The Prize in 2014
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 am by UncleFrank

» Benghazi Ghosts Haunt Whitehouse
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:47 am by UncleFrank

» Obama’s Constitutionally-Challenged Labor Board Silent After Losing Another Legal Battle
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am by UncleFrank

» 7 Things We Learned from the Benghazi Whistleblower Hearing
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am by UncleFrank

» Four More Things We've Learned
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am by UncleFrank

» Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 am by UncleFrank

» DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 am by UncleFrank

» When An Old Soldier Dies
Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 am by UncleFrank

» Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President
Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am by UncleFrank

» DEM SENATOR: 2ND AMENDMENT NOT 'ABSOLUTE' OR 'GOD-GIVEN RIGHT'
Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm by UncleFrank

» NRA Convention Protesters: Nice, Clueless, Unsure
Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm by UncleFrank

New Videos
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum

Share | 

Grandson's Christmas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Grandson's Christmas!   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Well I have been planning on giving him (13 years old) a 410 single shot shotgun for the last three or four months! My bud over at the SO that does the beautiful woodwork and engraving was doing some really special things to it and ran into a problem. It needed a complete makeover! New furniture and some engraving and some bluing to get it back into shape!!! So he has been working steadily trying to get it finished for the big day. Then it happened!!! He trimmed the slender part of the stock just behind where the hand grips the stock (trying to get it comfortable for a child's size hand) and got it a little too thin. It broke! He sent the stock to a guy that has a stock duplicating machine (about 65 miles away) and learned it would be February before the new stock could be made. SO there went the 410 for Christmas! But wait. This is my bud that I worked on the street with for a number of years and we have been to hell and back together! Literally more times than I care to remember. He would not leave me hanging! He has had a 20 gauge that he has done some real nice custom work on and much more than I would have ever done for my grandson's first shotgun! He brought it out to the house last night and explained what was going on and saifd this was the remedy to get a shotgun for me to give to my grandson. It has an inlaid piece of ivory that is a duck in flight. He has spent countless hours carving an engraving on this shotgun. It is literally a $125 shotgun that has had $600 to $800 worth of work done to it!!! I wanted to pay him for the shotgun and take care of him and he would not even let me pay him for the money he spent at the pawn shop when he originally bought it to work on for himself! One hell of a guy! I Will get even!! I don't know exactly how right now cause I am busy getting it ready for tomorrow night and making sure it is just right, case and shells and stuff! I have plenty of time to get even with him over this and will figure it out after the holidays but just thought I would share some of the things that go on that nobody ever hears about unless someone speak up and says they are a good guy and even a better person. Friends like this one are hard to find and even harder to keep!! The bond and personal relationship from the years of working the streets together will never be broken by anything. When you have been there you will understand it! Trust what I say, he is one hell of a great guy! This is just one more instance of him showing it and going way beyond expectations for a friend!

EXPERIENCE IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU WANTED!

There are only two defining forces that have ever offered to die for you!
Jesus Christ for your soul and the American Soldier for your freedom!
Back to top Go down
http://texasconcealedhandguninstructor.com
UncleFrank
Honored Armed Service Member

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:00 pm

That was nice of him to do such a cavalier thing. He must have really felt bad when the stock Broke AO, and this was the only way he thought of to make things right. You are blessed to have freinds like this man. I'm sure something good will come of this for him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Known him for a long time and has always been this way! one hell of a guy! Not too many of them like this left out there and he is very special to me and my family. Lived through three wives, three different families for him and many grandchildren and good times and bad with him. He has come through it with resolve and a stout constitution! Not much I would not do for him and I think from what is going on he feels the same way! it is just appreciated more than words can express when a friend does something special like this without even being asked or asking for anything in return! Very special person that is near and dear.

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:45 am

Good for him and also good for you. He is a keeper. I never had any freinds like that. I never wanted to get too close to anyone. Why? I'm not sure but that is the way I was growing up. Now it would be nice to have a conversation with a human when I have idle time. I talk to the dogs but they just stare at me. I mostly keep to my self.
Back to top Go down
VietVet68

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Good friends are a rarity that's for sure and it sounds like you would have done the same for him had the tables been turned. Very Happy

And the BIG winner is your grand son, he's a lucky dude having you for his grand father. affraid
Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:09 pm

I've been kind of hoping that AO will adopt me. I would be a mighty fine grandson. Shoot I would even wash and wax his truck.
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 pm

It needs a wash job worse than anything right now because I have been in the pasture feeding and it is a mud hole!! It will rain some time between now and summer adn wash some of it off but for now it is okay!!! Oh, I was so excited telling you about the grandson and his shotgun(s) I forgot to tell you what the middle Granddaughter got!!! A RED RYDER BB GUN!!! I got her two round tubes of bb's with it and since last Sunday she has shot one complete tube of bb's through it! She is not stout enough to cock it just yet (she is 5) but her mom helps her and she is where she can hit a vegetable can at about 10 feet right now. Mom is ex LEO and is working with her on her sight picture and aim so it won't be long and she will be tearing them up!!! I may have to find a place where I can buy a case of bb's!!! LMAO!! The other two granddaughters' mom (my oldest daughter) would have had a set of kittens if I had gotten wither of them a gun of any kind, water pistol included!!! I will get there but it will be a couple of more years before I do. For now, I have to be content with Annie Oakley and John Wayne to mess with!!! GGG!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Sounds like a whole lot of fun. I remember when I turn 4 my grandmother got me an air gun.The kind that popped and through out a little smoke. I thought that was the greatest thing around. Until my mother saw it, she sure was peed off at grandma. Mom hates guns, always have and always will. She made me give it back. When I got older i made a rifle out of a board using my grandfathers wood rasp. I kept it hid out in the raspberry patch out back of the house. When I broke away I would fetch it and play cowboys and indians or army soldier. If she ever caught me she would have tanned my hide. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alley_Oop Mod/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh well. Mom's got to have something to be pissed off about!! Might as well be Grandpa and the bb guns!! LMAO!!

Back to top Go down
UncleFrank

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:18 am

Yep nothing wrong with that, teach them right AO, just like you have been doing for all these years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandson's Christmas!   

Back to top Go down

Grandson's Christmas!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1